22/07/2005

First report from Sofia

This is the first installment of my report from Sofia, and it's of mixed blessings. First, I arrived at the Sheraton Sofia, sure to have found a very nice place to stay for the couple of days - only to find out that the place does not have broadband internet. Period. Obviously, that does not do for a top rate business travellers' hotel, which I made sure to make the hotel manager aware of. He is a very nice Greek person who only arrived at his post 5 days ago and is already in the process of setting up a wireless broadband connection, so he sure has his priorities right. Good - even though that won't do me much good for the duration of my stay. So now I am sitting in the reception area of the Radisson, to which I will be returning periodically, I am afraid ...

No comments: