31/12/2005

Stuff overheard

First, I recently overheard a bit of conversation between actors that I found quite amusing: A1: "... when I played in a piece by Shakespeare which cannot be named, I met X ..." A2 interjects " ... who played we know whom! ..." etc. This coded conversation was obviously dealing with a play related to Scotland, the mention of which allegedly brings bad luck to actors. I learned about that in Blackadder's Sense & Senility and wouldn't have thought it was true. Macbeth!

On a much more serious note, I heard a report about Craig Murray, former British ambassador to Uzbekistan who is currently embarrassing the British government by online publicising proof that the government knew about information it used being obtained by torture. The Foreign Office prohibited that publication in a book, so he took to the internet.

No comments: