03/11/2007

Panthera pardus

This is the first post written on my new iMac, running on Mac OS X 10.5, a.k.a. Leopard! I can happily report that it's a great experience - the new machine is extremely racy, and I certainly won't go back to the previous cat, either. Although the fact that I am already using Leopard is not exactly Apple's merit, as the Mac came with Tiger preinstalled. Ordering Leopard via the Up to date programme resulted in an ETA of 3 (three!) weeks! But luckily I have extremely understanding and helpful alternative sources to bridge over the transitory gap between felines ...

2 comments:

Patrik Tschudin said...

No freezing of your iMac at all? Then you're lucky. I was not... mine dies every few minutes. Others report similar problems.

Chris said...

None whatsoever - runs beautifully right out of the box, as always. I hope you'll get yours sorted out very soon - the recent update didn't help?